Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Reeves County and Upper Trans Pecos
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 12:59 PM MST on February 22, 2017
Expires 7:00 PM EST on February 23, 2017
... High wind watch in effect Thursday afternoon...
* timing... Thursday afternoon.
* Winds... west winds 25 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* Impacts... winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 8:01 PM MST on February 22, 2017
Expires 9:00 PM EST on February 23, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am CST /10 am MST/
to 8 PM CST /7 PM MST/ Thursday for warm... dry... very windy... and
very high to extreme fire danger for most of the Permian Basin
and trans Pecos area...
* wind... 25 to 45 mph. Higher gusts.
* Temperatures... 15 to 20 degrees above normal.
* Humidity... 8 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... this is a very dangerous
fire weather situation. Strong winds and very low relative
humidities combined with above normal temperatures will create
weather conditions favorable for the multiple occurrence of large
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Connecticut - Dense Fog Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Dense Fog Advisory
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Mississippi - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Nebraska - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Dense Fog Advisory
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory