Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Eastern Lincoln County
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 11:08 AM MDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on March 19, 2018
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 1 am MDT Monday...
* location... the Sandia and Manzano Mountains southward to the
Sacramento Mountains and eastward to the Texas border, as well
as the northeast Highlands and eastern San Miguel County.
* Winds... west winds at 35 to 45 mph with gusts 55 to 70 mph.
* Timing... winds will develop late this morning and continue
through late tonight.
* Visibility... local reductions as low 1 mile will be possible
due to blowing dust..
* local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This
especially includes travel on U.S. Highway 54 and U.S. Highway
285, and other north-south oriented roads.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:29 PM MDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on March 19, 2018
... Red flag warning remains in effect through 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/
Monday for all of West Texas and southeast New Mexico...
* wind... mountains... southwest to west 35 mph to 55 mph and
gusting to around 70 mph. Plains... southwest to west 30 to 50
mph with gusts to around 55 mph.
* Humidity... 7 to 15 percent.
* Fuel... dry to critically dry.
* Impacts... evacuations are possible, low visibility and Road
closures are likely. High winds may limit effectiveness of
aircraft. Power outages are possible as well.
High winds and very low relative humidity, combined with abundant
dry vegetation, will create conditions supportive of the multiple
occurrence of large, destructive, and potentially life
threatening fires. The National Weather Service sees an
increased risk of a regional outbreak of dangerous wind- driven
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement