Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Southern Lea County
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 1:54 PM MDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on March 18, 2018
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/
* timing... until 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/ this evening.
* Winds... southwest to west 30 to 50 mph with gusts to 65 mph.
* Impacts... high winds could make driving difficult for
motorists driving high profile vehicles such as campers, vans,
and tractor trailers. Secure lawn furniture, garbage cans or
other objects which could be blown about by the wind.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:29 PM MDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on March 19, 2018
... Red flag warning remains in effect through 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/
Monday for all of West Texas and southeast New Mexico...
* wind... mountains... southwest to west 35 mph to 55 mph and
gusting to around 70 mph. Plains... southwest to west 30 to 50
mph with gusts to around 55 mph.
* Humidity... 7 to 15 percent.
* Fuel... dry to critically dry.
* Impacts... evacuations are possible, low visibility and Road
closures are likely. High winds may limit effectiveness of
aircraft. Power outages are possible as well.
High winds and very low relative humidity, combined with abundant
dry vegetation, will create conditions supportive of the multiple
occurrence of large, destructive, and potentially life
threatening fires. The National Weather Service sees an
increased risk of a regional outbreak of dangerous wind- driven
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement