Current Watches and Warnings
California, Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:09 PM PST on February 21, 2017
Expires 1:00 PM EST on February 22, 2017
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST
* timing: bands of snow will continue through Wednesday morning
with the heaviest snow expected south of Susanville. Snow may
rapidly vary in intensity over short distances.
* Additional snow accumulations: above 5000 feet... 3 to 8 inches
with locally up to 1 foot possible in areas where heavy snow
bands persist. Below 5000 feet... 1 to 4 inches.
* Winds: southwest to west winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35
* Snow levels: falling to near valley floors by this evening.
* Impacts: bands of heavy snow could produce rapid drops in
visibility with snowfall rates up to 2 inches per hour at
times, expect hazardous travel conditions especially above
5000 feet, including fredonyer Summit, Yuba Pass and Highway
44 west of Susanville.
Travel delays are likely across northeast California with slick
and snow covered roads, especially in higher elevations. Roads
may also become icy in lower elevations tonight through Wednesday
morning. Leave extra space between vehicles since it takes longer
to stop on slick roadways.
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:41 PM PST on February 21, 2017
Expires 7:00 PM EST on February 23, 2017
1152 am PST Tue Feb 21 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the Middle Fork feather river near Portola.
* Until late Thursday night.
* At 1:30 PM Tuesday the stage was 9.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.5 feet.
* Minor to moderate flooding will occur through Thursday morning. The
river may briefly reach major flood stage Wednesday morning.
* Forecast... the river will crest near 10.5 feet Wednesday morning,
then fall below flood stage Thursday morning.
* Impact... at 10.5 feet... significant flooding of lowlands, roads,
railroads, homes and businesses along river from Beckwourth to
Sloat, including Portola. Highway 89 in Clio may be covered by
water tonight and Wednesday.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 10.2
feet on January 10 2017.
Lat... Lon 3988 12071 3983 12038 3981 12039 3972 12058 3985 12072
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
rain and snowmelt in...
Big Valley in northwestern Lassen County California...
* until 1130 am PST Sunday
* at 1132 am PST, the Canby gauge on The Pit river in Modoc County
is nearing flood stage and is expected to rise further... with
minor to moderate flooding later Tuesday through Wednesday
afternoon. Flood waters will move downstream into Lassen County on
Wednesday and Thursday.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Big Valley including Nubieber and Bieber... and Pittville.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent. All interested
parties in the lower elevations near The Pit river should take
necessary precautions immediately.
Lat... Lon 4100 12125 4097 12122 4099 12119 4107 12116
4108 12120 4119 12119 4119 12109 4104 12107
4092 12121 4093 12125 4103 12133 4106 12133
912 am PST Tue Feb 21 2017
... A Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams remains in
effect until 400 PM PST Thursday for Colusa... Yolo... Sutter...
Solano... Plumas... alpine... Placer... Shasta... Lassen... Amador...
Tuolumne... Sacramento... lake... Stanislaus... San Joaquin... El
Dorado... Calaveras... Tehama... Butte... Glenn... Sierra... Yuba and
Officials have reported that Clear Creek out of Whiskeytown dam in
Shasta County will exceed the safe channel capacity and will flood.
Downstream locations impacted includes the environmental school and
other residents in low lying areas near the creek.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Lat... Lon 3725 12146 3810 12157 3808 12230 3832 12206
3884 12229 3867 12262 3907 12309 3950 12306
3955 12288 4033 12307 4058 12269 4117 12246
4118 12250 4118 12133 4059 12132 3835 11963
3776 11988 3780 12018 3713 12122
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Warning
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Hydrologic Statement, Avalanche Warning
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement