Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Hood Canal Area
Statement as of 8:13 PM PDT on October 21, 2014
Expires 12:45 PM EDT on October 23, 2014
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Skokomish River near Potlatch
* from late tonight to Thursday morning.
* At 8:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 15.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will rise above flood stage around 3 am
Wednesday and crest near 17.5 feet around 11 am Wednesday. The
river will fall below flood stage early Thursday morning.
* Impact... at 16.5 feet... the Skokomish River will cause widespread
flooding of pasture lands... with water flowing quickly over west
bourgault Road and Skokomish Valley Road.
Lat... Lon 4744 12326 4733 12321 4736 12317 4733 12308 4721 12321
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:44 PM PDT on October 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 22, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect from midnight PDT tonight through
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of western Washington... including the following
counties... Grays Harbor... Clallam... Jefferson Mason.
* From midnight PDT tonight through Wednesday afternoon
* heavy rainfall amounts of 5 to 8 inches are possible tonight
into early Wednesday along the southwestern and western
Olympics. This amount of rainfall could cause the Quinault...
Clearwater... bogachiel... Hoh... and other rivers flowing off the
Olympics to flood late tonight into Wednesday. The Skokomish
River is likely to see moderate flooding late tonight into
Wednesday... and major flooding is possible.
A Flood Watch means conditions are favorable for flooding but
flooding is not imminent or occurring. Monitor the latest
forecasts from the National Weather Service and be ready to act
quickly if flooding is observed or a warning is issued.
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Areal Flood Watch
- New York - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Flood Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement