Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, San Juan County
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 3:28 PM PST on November 27, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EST on November 29, 2014
... High wind watch in effect from Friday evening through Saturday
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a high wind
watch... which is in effect from Friday evening through Saturday
* Some affected locations... coastal Whatcom County including Lummi
Island... the San Juan Islands especially the north part... and
the Western Islands of Skagit County.
* Timing... northeast winds flowing out of the Fraser River valley will
increase Friday evening and continue into Saturday afternoon.
* Wind... northeast 20 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 to 55 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may cause power outages... knock down tree
branches and possibly topple weak trees. Temperatures will be in
the 20s which will put wind chill values in the teens.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a damaging
Statement as of 3:28 PM PST on November 27, 2014
Expires 7:30 AM EST on November 28, 2014
... Warm and wet weather will give way to much colder conditions
and possible lowland snow late Friday night into Saturday...
... Cold and windy conditions are expected to develop over the
north interior late Friday night into Saturday...
Big changes in the weather will begin to take place on Friday
morning as a strong cold front moves south across the region.
This front will be accompanied by locally heavy rainfall and windy
conditions. Temperatures will start off mild in the early morning
hours... in the lower 50s in most areas... but will fall through the
40s during the afternoon hours and into the 30s Friday evening.
A Puget Sound convergence zone is expected to form Friday evening.
With temperatures cooling into the lower to mid 30s later Friday
night... some of the convergence zone precipitation may fall as
snow. This will affect mainly Snohomish County and north King
Then a modified Arctic front will move south across the interior
lowlands late Friday night into early Saturday... generating a more
widespread light snow. Modified Arctic air will also flow west
through the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Snow levels will fall below
1000 feet Friday night and to near sea level Saturday morning. It
is too early to tell how much snow will fall over the interior
lowlands or along the Strait of Juan de Fuca late Friday night or
Saturday morning. Most areas will likely see light snowfall
amounts... mainly less than an inch... but some weather forecast
models show up to a few inches in the interior from Seattle into
the northern interior... and along the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
Windy conditions will develop late Friday night into Saturday over
the San Juan Islands... and coastal portions of Whatcom and Skagit
County. These areas may see northeast winds flowing out of the
Fraser River valley increase to 20 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 to 55
mph. The windy conditions will be accompanied by temperatures in
the 20s... which would put wind chill values into the teens.
Stay tuned to the latest updates from the National
Weather Service in Seattle.
Statement as of 12:28 AM PST on November 27, 2014
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- Texas - Tornado Watch
- Utah - Special Weather Statement
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory